Wednesday 29 September 2010

1. My desired genre for the image was horror/thriller. It's a shot of an old and rusty shed. The dullness of the photo helps to create a scary and sinister. also the bushes give it a cold look to add to the horror. The shot was taken from a high angle and the shed is fully visible. The picture is very dull and the old rusty painting adds effect. This picture was taken outside and therefore wasn't able to tweak with any lighting fluctuations. There are no windows in the shed which make it look as if someone has broken in.

2. For this shot I couldn't do much as the shed wasn't from my house and it was outdoors so any lighting tweaks were out of bounds. however I tried to include the bushes in the shot to give it a colder feel and added the roof in the image as it was raining and it was wet which made the shot more gloomy and dull. Although my image doesn't have a model or actor in it, I still feel I have achieved a shot which can be associated to the horror/thriller genre.

3. I feel that the darkness of what's inside the windows is successful as its pitch black and nothing is visible inside which gives us a sense of mystery. Also the old paint which is peeling away I feel gives a sinister feel about it as if its out of bounds and no one is brave enough to enter.

4. If I were to take the shot differently and again I would try and add a model or actor and take the shot indoors and not of a shed as this image is very limited. If there was an actor and it was indoors I can create shadows and tweak the lighting to make another image which recreated the genre of thriller/horror

No comments:

Post a Comment